Position: Project Manager
The UN Global Compact is the largest corporate sustainability initiative in the world. With over 11,000 participants in more than 100 countries, the UN Global Compact has an unparalleled global reach and the exclusive opportunity to activate a diverse network of business, investors, Government, UN and civil society stakeholders to advance sustainable development.
The Project Manager will be responsible for supporting the ongoing rollout of the local network programmes in Ukraine.
Candidates should have exceptional communication and collaboration skills, coordinate projects with acute attention to details, be an effective team player and be a super user across a range of productivity tools and applications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Manage the development and launch of new programmes. Participate in the implementation and evaluation of assigned programmes/projects
● Coordinate the successful implementation through effective communication and timely information sharing via the Local Network Hub, Slack and other communication tools
● Assist with the development and implementation of programme monitoring tools, which will include, but not be limited to, the data collection, analysis and reporting on programme outcomes and indicators
● Manage the routine collection and tracking of programme outcomes through surveys, interviews and other M&E mechanism and prepare quarterly and annual programmatic performance reports in line with the programme reporting cycle.
● Participate in biweekly planning webinars and meetings with Head Office
● Support Local Network in navigating partnerships at the country level, helping to identify strategic opportunities and find solutions to challenges as needed
● Coordinate with Marketing, Communications, Participant Engagement and other internal teams to deliver on projects objectives
● Manage budgeting and spending, including management of grants, funding requests and payment processes
● Organize events both online and in-person as well as online and in-person trainings
● Support the design and delivery of presentations about projects to external audiences (e.g. funders, donors, sponsors, participating companies)
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Education: Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in international relations/development, business administration, public administration or related field.
Experience: Significant experience leading or managing projects. Expertise in development studies, corporate sustainability, public and development management is required. Good understanding of business management practices or business innovation is an asset. Experience working with office-based and productivity digital solutions and database management tools is desirable.
Language: Good command of verbal and written communication in English and Ukrainian is essential.
● Please include the following materials in your e-mail submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Project manager”:
1. Cover Letter
● Applications will be accepted until 14, September 2020.
● Given the anticipated volume of submissions, only highly qualified
candidates will be contacted. No phone calls or unsolicited emails outside of the submission process.